Les 7 key points
A visit to the workplace reveals what the client’s business entails.
We observe users’ everyday duties, movements and posture before discussing their expectations and requirements.
The choice will depend on users’ needs:
- Quantity of documents processed,
- Computer and telephone equipment,
- Any visitor contact,
- Teamwork or individual tasks.
Worktops must be sufficiently deep to take computer monitors. The minimum distance required between the user’s eye and the monitor is 60 to 80 cm.
Width will depend on the variety of tasks and the equipment used.
Worktops should preferably be adjustable in height, non-reflective and free of sharp edges or corners.
Every day, users file more and more documents.
Check the size of open files and make them easy to access.
The choice of filing system will have a major impact on user efficiency and comfort.
80% of information required when running a business is acquired visually. This means that good lighting is essential.
A few rules:
- Staff should work at right angles to windows to avoid dazzle or reflections on the monitor.
- Ambient lighting should provide at least 250 LUX, with the possibility of increasing it to 500 LUX depending on the work being carried out.
Acceptable background noise in a place of business must not exceed an average continuous equivalent of 53 dB.
Inversely, from a psychological point of view, noise levels of less than 40 dB are associated with a feeling of monotony.
Consider the type of materials used and the possible inclusion of partitions.
- The ambient temperature should lie between 21°C and 23°C (up to a maximum of 26°C).
- The relative humidity of the air should be between 50% and 65%.
- Air speed should not exceed 0.15 m/s in winter and 0.25 m/s in summer.
- The minimum recommended fresh air input per occupant per hour is 25 cubic metres for offices and 30 cubic metres for meeting areas and lounges.
80% of people in sedentary employment suffer from back pain, muscle stiffness in the nape of the neck, headaches or eyestrain (caused by the use of a computer monitor).
When selecting a chair, pay attention to the following:
- Seating comfort,
- Simple seat adjustment,
- Comfortable temperature and humidity,
- Sensory comfort